Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Allow Me To Introduce Myself...

Hey everyone it’s Hayley. I just wanted to take this post to introduce myself a little bit. I’ve always been interested in design (I’ve been watching HGTV for as long as I can remember) and love art of all forms. In college I got my degree in graphic design and Spanish, however after graduation, I did not see myself going into a career of graphic design so I am now working for a Walmart vendor, Anderson Merchandisers as a Sales Rep. We supply the books, dvds, and cds to the store. I still like to find ways to get my creative fix, so I thought maybe I could share some of that on this blog.

My sisters and I have been planning parties together for the past few years, mostly since a lot of our friends have started getting married (including Alexia and Brittani).  I have really enjoyed spending the time with them coming up with ideas for bachelorette parties, wedding showers, or whatever else it might be.  I might be a little biased (ok maybe a lot biased) but the parties we host have always seemed to be the most creative and fun. I’m hoping that our ideas will inspire you to host parties that are just as fun and imaginative. 

Here we are at a friends wedding at the end of July 2010.
Besides party planning, I love taking pictures. A couple of years ago, I got a Cannon Rebel camera for Christmas. Since then I have had the benefit of taking pictures for my friend’s engagement, a couple senior photo shoots, and pictures of a lovely family gathering. I love how a camera has the ability to capture a moment with so much meaning.


My camera and me.   :)
The Harp family. I had a lot of fun working with them.

My friends Karin and Chris when they were just engaged.
I also enjoy sewing. I just got a new Brother sewing machine and I’m finishing a quilt that I started back when I was in high school. My grandma taught me how to sew on an antique Singer sewing machine with the push pedal when I was about fifteen. I can’t wait till it is finished! I’ll keep you updated.

Working on my quilt on a snowed-in winter day.


-Hayley

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Welcome to the "blog world" can't wait to see all you have!!

    ReplyDelete