Tuesday, March 15, 2011

In case you didn't know......


Hey Everyone, I’m Alexia.  The oldest, loudest, most social child of the familyJ  (Hayley and Brittani said I could claim all of those characteristics).  So here’s a little about me.  I graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2007.  My original plan was to be a Spanish teacher, which I did for a year and will probably do again some time in the future.   Spanish is how I met my husband. He was a Spanish major and I was a Spanish minor.  We both have a love for all things Spanish and studied for a semester in Spain together.  Here's some pictures from Spain. 
Me on a mountain in Northern Spain
Derek and I 

Some of the architecture in Spain.  I love that everything there is old and has history.

Derek and I at a hotel overlooking San Sebastion
Just one example of the great food and drinks in Spain

Us road tripping through Spain with Derek's dad

Derek’s a pretty cool guy.  We are complete opposites and it works out pretty well.  We got married July 5, 2007 and it was during and after my wedding that I realized there was so much more that I could have done to make it more personalized and DIY.  Unfortunately by that point we were too far into it all.  This is the disadvantage of being the oldest; everyone gets to learn from my mistakes.  Since then all three of us have loved trying to make events, parties, and hangouts fun, personalized, and special. Here's a couple pictures from our honeymoon.



The thing that dominates the rest of my time is my job.  I work at Fellowship Bible Church, and get paid to hang out with 7th-9th grade girls.  It’s the best job I could possibly pick!   I would do it even if I didn’t get paid, so I obviously love it.  I used to say that I wish I could be a full time volunteer. Here's me and my cell group girls from our mission trip to Guatemala last Spring.  
Julia, Kristen, and I cleaning the bathrooms

Carrying cinder blocks to help build this....

Going to a local restaurant our last day to experience a little Guatemalan culture

Anyway, I have always loved making crafts, painting, drawing, and decorating, whether for VBS as a kid or the craft night that I have at my house every once in awhile.  Obviously once I got married and had my own house I got to put all my talents into making our house a home.  My sister-in-law, Alexis, is always saying that I change stuff around in my house all the time.  I think it’s because I view my house a constant growing and changing process.  So I’m hoping to share with you all some of my projects. 

I like to take every holiday and make it special, however I don’t like to spend a lot of money doing this.  Derek and I are on the Dave Ramsey plan, so I have a budgeted envelope amount every month.  I have to be really in love with something or find a really good deal to buy it.  Well that’s enough for now I’m looking forward to sharing what we are doing with all of you.  I'll leave you with the most recent picture of Derek and I that I could find.  It's us at a Razorback game last fall.


Adios, Alexia J

No comments:

Post a Comment